Friday, January 13, 2006

Out of the mouth of babes...

Lachlan is a very vocal kid, and though he says "Scuze mes" at least 5 times in every sentence, he's come up with some whoppers. Enjoy.

(Directly after a kiss goodnight)
Lachiebeag: Why are your boobies so big?
Lindsay: I have no idea how to answer that question.

--

(to the waiter at the Indian restaurant on New Year's Eve)
LB: I'll have a lemonade with a piece of lemon and ice. And I'm a policeman cowboy superhero. (Waiter leaves) That should keep him busy for a while.

--

(to guy outside under yellow streetlamp)
LB: Why are you grey?
Guy: Sorry?

--

(upon meeting Allison's girlfriend, Lilah)
LB: Why are you a liar?

--

I'll post more as they happen. Seth and Amanda are safely back in LA, so the house is empty again. As for my job update...I'll be starting on February 15th. As soon as they send me my relocation funds, I'll be out of here...such a bummer. I'll probably stay a week in LA, and then head to Virginia and stay with Allison/Lilah while I familiarize myself with the area and decide what state to live in. I wish I could stay longer and travel around. Oh well. I'll do what I can from here in the short time I have left. Luckily there are a lot of things within driving distance. For instance, today I drove about 10 minutes to the Waverley Abbey ruins. It was a monastery built in the 12th century by the Cistercine monks. It's right between 2 arms of a river, I was there ALL by myself for over an hour, just parked the car and walked a few hundred meters along the river, not a soul in sight. And right across one of the rivers there is one of those huge English country manors. It reminded me of one of those Victorian movies with those lawn parties with ladies and umbrellas. I'll go back and take pictures. My next day trip will be to Windsor castle and Eton. Also, Camberley is about 2o minutes away, so maybe I'll scope that out since the 2 princes attend the Sandhurst military academy there. Who knows, maybe I'll snag myself a royal. One can only hope.

1 comment:

monica said...

I demand more quotes.