Friday, January 27, 2006

See ya, bye!

Well, I leave England this weekend. What a complete and utter bummer. Lachlan has really started to depend on me, and now I have to leave. Do you think customs officials would notice a blond-haired child in my luggage? With any luck, and some savings, I can come visit frequently. I've been prepping him for my departure, counting down the nights and he's determined to come visit, as long as he can watch "kids programs" at "Sister Lindsay's house." I'll get right on that, LB.

On the other hand, I'm quite excited to start moving/working. I think I'll just crash at Allison & Lilah's for a bit, rent a car or something and start driving around that part of the country until I find somewhere I really like...or I get tired of driving. I'll be in LA for a bit over a week, though. Anybody who cares, drop me an email. One good thing about going back so early is that I get to help out with abc.com for the Academy Award Nominations. Basically, the night before they announce the nominations (which are announced at 5:30 am on Tuesday the 31st) they lock us in the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts & Sciences building, take away our cell phones, provide us with food, we find out all the nominees before the public and create the info for oscar.com. I'll be jetlagged anyway, so I might as well be put to some use.

Oh, and about the lack of blogs...sorry. I feel like there's too much to tell, that I can't cover it all or that there's not enough to tell. I'm not exactly sure. I'll be better once I get back, promise. Well, once I get my computer fixed. I'm pretty sure that the AC connector on the motherboard is loose. Basically, it doesn't recognize when it's plugged in...for a split second it does. If I hold the plug in place, push with all my might on the back of my computer, it works. Seth and google pretty much confirmed my opinion. Anyone have a soldering iron to stick it back on?

Holy cow, I'm addicted to myspace. It's ridiculous. Tracking down people I haven't seen for years or have lost contact with. Friends hailing from all parts of the vast spectrum...from pre-facebook college kids to best friends from 4th/5th grade. But, you know what I hate? People who get carried away with html. My page is bare bones, but man, what's with those leopard print backgrounds, scrolling images, videos, songs and cursive text? Dude. Ugh. All you myspacers know what I mean...when you open up someone's page and IE/Firefox freezes. I'm not talking about anybody specific. Someone asked my sister if I was on myspace (before I actually was), and she said no...and he said, "Yeah, she seems like more of a facebook person." I think he meant I'm too much of an L7 weenie (please, somebody get the reference), and he'd be right. Myspace may be too much of a good thing, it's one thing to give the user options, but quite another to let them run wild - with videos and dancing gifs and a Top 16!!!! Ahhh!!! What's this world coming to?!?! Screw you, Thomas - creator of Myspace Editor V3.6!

Phew, sorry about that, went crazy for a moment there. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

L7, Oscar Meyer, foot long, dodger dog....a weenie! Good old Squints and his infinite wisdom. Good luck schlepping yourself and all your stuff all across the globe and the country.

monica said...

Dude are you in LA yet?

Call me so i can see you before you ship out again.

what are you doing for superbowl?

monica said...

BTW i too believe users are given too much freedom for their own good on myspace. I saw one tonight that made my brain hurt.