Saturday, March 18, 2006

Crazy work.

I'm not going to apologize for the lack of posts. If I kept doing that, every post would begin with: "Sorry...blah blah blah...I promise...blah blah blah." But know that I'm thinking it.

Work is great great great. Each day the feasibility that I will succeed in this job increases and I can feel my fear ebbing away. My coworkers, manager, even the people who attend the events, want to see me succeed. Which is awesome. I just passed my month anniversary. I celebrated by writing a limerick alone in my hotel room in Norfolk, Virginia:

It's been a month since I started to work
And nobody thinks I'm a jerk.
I've stopped using Google**,
I'm no longer as frugal,
Too much travel may drive me berserk.


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

**except that Google owns Blogspot.

Also, I did my first webcast, which you can find here. Unfortunately, you need an MSN Passport to see it. Count the "ums," I dare you. I was a bumbling idiot, but I didn't expect not to be. I can only get better.

About that travel, since I started on February 15th, I've been to:

Dallas, TX
Charlottesville, VA
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Allentown, PA
Richmond, VA
Norfolk, VA

And I drove most of the time, so that doesn't include the places I drove through: Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, etc. Next week I'm going to Boston, the week after to New Jersey, the week after THAT back to Dallas. And Ohio right after that. Crazy. It's all good, though, I like it.

Oh, I started a work blog, though nothing's up there: http://blogs.msdn.com/lindsay.

Peace out, yo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, please don't see this response as being mean but:

1) It's berserk not beserk
2) Blogger / Blogspot is owned by google.

Just messin' with you. Actually, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel bad, but I use google at work (often after using MSN without results, but also at times it's the first I go to).

Glad to hear you're keeping up your lifestyle of travel even with work :)

I have to say that my job has presented me with a crazy blitzkrieg of responsibilities and decision making. Have fun! And let me know if you need anything from the Windows Mobile side, as that's my area now!

Bri Bri

Lindsay said...

Oh yeah, thanks for the spellcheck. Surprised I missed it. I meant to mention the blogspot/google thing, but forgot. Oh, and Windows Live and Local compare pretty well to Google Search and Google Maps...check em out.