Thursday, October 27, 2005

no song, too tired.

Today started out not so great. I woke up way too early (5 hours of sleep this time!) to study for the midterm I had at 9:30, and a project that was not finished due at 11. However, the midterm was easy-peasy, so I was done by 10. Then, I went to the lab and hurriedly finished the project. Whoohoo! Go me. After that was done, I ate lunch, came home, and checked email (as usual).

In my email were 3 things of note:

1) I got interviews with Deloitte Consulting, Chevron and KPMG.

2) A notificication of a second phone interview with SanDisk (tomorrow morning).

3) An email from Microsoft asking me to interview for a Presenter position! YAY! YIPPEE! I'm pretty sure that means they'll fly me up there. Out of all my interviews and job considerations, Microsoft is the one I'm most excited about. Because they take care of their employees, they've got a great culture.

So, even though I have class til 11 and have to work til 3am, it's a great day.

I hope you're not all sick of hearing about my job search, but it's a big thing in my life right now, and c'mon, it's better than hearing about how routers work.

Moving on, Chris and Lahra left this morning. It was great having them here. We totally approve of Lahra, she's funny and fun. She's really organized and clean, too, which is a bonus when you're entering our family. My aunt Pam said that Lahra was more relaxed with her - which is understandable because I'd be quiet and weirded out by her, too, if I was marrying her son and meeting her for the first or second or third time. Our family is weird and crazy - therefore intimidating to normal people! Sally, Lahra, Chris and I had a great conversation the other night about the virtues of being raised by Ragans. Though we were raised by chain smokers, pot users, single & broke moms, without many rules, we all grew up fine. Because we were raised to be honest, decent, educated, experience-seeking, world-minded people. And there's nothing more important to the Ragans than family - we're all around the world, but we're still close, and any of us would do anything for another. I can't imagine growing up in any other way.

That's what I have to say.

No comments: