Thursday, November 10, 2005

Something came, all right, it was a...

TRAIN. That bowled me over. Ouch.

It feels like I had one very long day. It began on Monday and is still going. Once I finish this, it's goodnight (until I get up for my class at 7pm)! Monday was a normal day of class and such. Then on Monday evening Sally and I went to Pam's because Aloha was visiting from the Philippines. Aloha is Pam's/Mom's/Carol's first cousin, and she's a famous movie star/singer in the Philippines. I haven't seen her since I was 13 or so, and Pam hasn't seen her in 35 years! It was a good time. Anyway, once I got home at 11 or so, I packed for New York. Monica's dad took us to the airport at 4:30am. Our flight left at 7am, arrived in New York at 3:30pm. Monica had never been to NY, but unfortunately there wasn't any time to see anything. We drove by Flushing Meadows, and had a few minutes to walk a block around Times Square, but that's it. Then we had a "meet and greet" dinner, went to sleep, and had the interview day from 8am - 4pm, spent 2 hours in a taxi to get to JFK, sat in a plane for 9 hours (including the 2 1/2 hours we spent not moving before we took off). Came home, slept a little bit, woke up for an interview on campus this morning, and now here I am. Phew.

If I decide to do consulting, this will be my life...flights, delays, suit-wearing, etc. Can I handle that?

The interview day went really well, everyone was really nice and informative, and I'm pretty sure they loved me. I'll hear back within 7 - 10 days. I also found out that they're considering me for Chicago. Live in Chicago? I've always wanted to GO, but it'll be SO cold to live there. Gosh, I don't know. I haven't had the time or brain power to contemplate my choices, yet. What do you all think?

The interview this morning with Avanade was HORRIBLE. It was a 45-minute technical interview. The questions weren't hard, or anything, but my mind was in NO position to think. Mitch (my interviewer) would ask me a question, I'd answer it, and then he'd tell me the answer using different words. I'm confused....does that mean that he thought I answered incorrectly, or was he confirming my answer? I really don't know. Good thing I'm exhausted, or I'd be wound up with worry. Eh, it's over. We'll see. I've stopped caring. (Not really, but I'm telling myself that).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey,
the same sort of thing happened in my interview with avanade. You'll be fine :) They took about 4 days to get back to me.

Cheers and g'luck

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds,
I'm posting a comment since I promised I would. Chicago IS cold, but if you move there I will come visit you since my parents live in the Chicago suburbs and I'm close by in Milwaukee! Now doesn't it sound so much more appealing? jk, haha. Good luck!

Lindsay said...

Yay Veronica! I'd LOVE to have you come visit. We'll see, I'm not counting it out!

monica said...

I feel you on the LONG DAY part. Good luck to us both on our interviews, hehe.