Saturday, November 19, 2005

"Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses

Well, Northrop Grumman was a bust. The project they're hiring for sounds cool, but they totally don't have it together about the hiring process. They said it'd probably take a couple of months to interview enough candidates. No thanks. Saves me from filling out all that security clearance paperwork anyways.

On the other hand, I received my first rejection. Cisco turned me down. Bummer. Well, not really, I had already decided I didn't really want it, anyways. But rejection still sucks.

Now for a story. A couple of months ago my dog bit the neighbor. He's old, and he gets protective of our property and my parents. Our neighbors walk up and down our hill past our house every day, and usually he just barks. It's been that way for years. Something changed, though, and he decided to bite. Not good. Anyways, they were going to put him down, because he can't be chained up, and there's no place to fence him in. Luckily for Rex, Mom is a chatterbox and struck up a conversation with some random guy who said he'd take Rex in. So, Rex moved to a yard in Santa Rita. Apparantly, he was NOT happy, because he decided to walk home. Now, I went to high school in Santa Rita, it's about a 15-20 minute drive from our house. Not only that, we live on top of a hill. Rex either followed the road back, or hiked through the jungle. What a good dog! I'm so proud. But he can't stay. My aunt Sam said she'll take him, but she has to move out of her apartment to a place where she can keep a dog. Mom's given her a week to find something, or she'll put him down. I know that sounds rather heartless of Mom, but she has to do something. She can't keep him. The neighbors would have a cow. We'll see what happens. Here's a map, showing where he went: Red is where he started, in Santa Rita, and the blue is where our house is.

Ok, until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Rex...I cant believe he walked that far. I wonder if he took the road or the boonies??