Thursday, November 03, 2005

"Rapunzel" by Dave Matthews Band

Sorry for the lack of posts, busy busy busy.

I decided not to accept the KPMG, Deloitte and Chevron interviews. I just have too much on my plate. Besides, I already have second round interviews with Cisco in San Jose, SanDisk in San Jose, Microsoft in Texas, Hitachi here in LA and Ernst & Young in New York. Those plus classes, work and my internship are already too much! There are exactly 30 days left until classes are over. Wow. Then I'll finally be graduated, whoohooo! It's taken long enough.

I bought a suit for my interviews today. Suits are SO expensive. I had no idea. I guess it's tuna fish and ramen until next paycheck.

I worked at Cruiser for Halloween, and we were allowed to wear costumes. I wore my regular polo uniform shirt. BUT, I spiced it up a little. On the right side of my face I had my awesome roommate Bethany apply fake skin to look like I had a few deep gashes. Then we applied fake blood that ran from the gashes down my neck and under my chin. The reason I did this was because when I'm driving to pick up people, I speak to them from the driver-side window to confirm I'm picking up the right person. After confirmation, they walk around to the passenger side and get in the car. So, while speaking to them on Halloween, I looked normal, but once they sat in the car and looked at me, they freaked out. It was great. My boss almost didn't let me drive because I looked so gruesome. Then he got into the spirit of it and used me to play pranks on other Cruisers. All in all, it was a good costume. I don't know yet if I won for best costume, but I gave it a good shot.

My aunt Susan sent me a lovely email extoling my writing. She said it's my calling. Nevermind Computer Science. I do actually enjoy this little bit of writing, I forgot what it was like to write semi-creatively. But anyways, that warmed my heart, thanks Susan!

Thanks for the comments, everyone. You keep commenting, and I'll keep writing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you found a suit Linds. sucks they are so much. Lol nice costume...I can just picture you freaking ppl out. Take it easy, not too long now and you'll be relaxing in England!

Anonymous said...

Hey, no knocking tuna as the cheap man's food. It's delicious, nutrious and taste just like chicken...of the sea.

Anyhow, the madness will end soon enough (or so I keep telling myself). You have to figure if you can survive the next month then you will be handsomely rewarded.

P.S. Somehow I just know you got the most twisted sense of pleasure scarying the crap out of people for Halloween. Just watch out for weird looks around campus for the rest of the semester.

Lindsay said...

You're assuming that I don't get weird looks already, and you'd be wrong. :)