Friday, December 30, 2005

I am a horrible blogger

Thanks, Aunt Susan, for the reminder! Here's a real one for you, complete with pictures!

The Rutters had a whirlwind Christmas. We picked Robert, Lynsey, Jessie and Isobel (ibby) up early evening on the 24th, had Christmas, dropped Ibby off on the 26th, picked Shelly up early morning on the 27th, and as she walked in the door, Allison and Lilah walked out - back to the States. Lastly, Robert, Lynsey and Jessie left in the afternoon. Phew! And with all that running to and from various airports, it was a great couple of days. The Rutter side has never been under the same roof like that since us triplets were 6. I'd seen Isobel & Jessie when I went to Scotland in 2002, but Sally and Allison last saw Isobel in 1988, and last saw Jessie when she came to Australia when we were 13.

We laughed, we cried, we reminisced. On Christmas Eve, Robert got pissed drunk and talked my ear off til 4:30am, which I didn't mind at all, but a certain little boy was up soon after to open Christmas presents.
(L-R: Anne, Robert, Jessie, Dad w/ LB, Lynsey, Isobel, Allison, and kneeling Sally)

Also, a certain little boy got a present from the after-Christmas sales...Go, go Power Rangers!

And tell me this isn't the cutest villager you ever did see, complete with tea towel on head...


Ok, that's all for now. Shelly and I are about to go into London. We're going on the London Eye...and even if it's a dreary day, hopefully we'll see Buckingham Palace. I'll post about today's trip and yesterday's trip to Stonehenge later.

2 comments:

monica said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

harry said...

You got a really useful blog I have great post to read been here reading for about half an hour. I am a newbie and your post is valuable for me.